-->

Featured Post

Shi Shi Beach - Olympic Peninsula, WA

After dropping our parents to Sea-Tac airport, we decided to spent couple days in Olympic National Park.  Our plan was to spend a night...

Jefferson Park Overnight

One of the most spectacular place in Oregon - I must say. I have been here before and I can't get enough of this. Lakes, meadows, flowers and most importantly Mount Jefferson - It's got all. Since this is a begining of the summer season, we had to pay a price to enjoy the flowers bloom. Mosquitoes, LOTs of them! Even after applying DEET to my hands and face, I was still getting bitten through my shirt and pants, on my head. I ended up wearing a rain jacket, hat, balaclava and gloves in 70 degree weather. This time, I took a shorter approach to the park by starting at Whitewater Creek trailhead. It is only ~5 miles and 1800 feet elevation gain to the park. No surprise why this is such a popular backpacking destination. The trail is almost entirely forested except for few viewpoints. This is in contrast to the PCT approach, which is the most scenic way to get to Jefferson Park. I camped next to north end of Scout Lake and spent the afternoon in my tent sheltering from the mosquitoes. Once it was close to sunset and weather got colder, mosquitoes went away.
Sunset at Scout Lake

Twilight hour at Scout Lake

At work

No comments:

Post a Comment