-->

Featured Post

Shi Shi Beach - Olympic Peninsula, WA

After dropping our parents to Sea-Tac airport, we decided to spent couple days in Olympic National Park.  Our plan was to spend a night...

Indian Point

This was one of my rare solo hikes. I started very early and when I got to the Herman Creek TH, there were may be 3-4 cars parked. One way in, I ran into one older couple at the junction of Gorton Creek Trail and Herman Creek Trail. After having a brief chat, I moved on to Gorton Creek Trail towards Indian Point. I kept seeing two people in front of me, they were ahead of me. Even though I kept a pace of ~2.5mph going uphill, I wasn't able to catch them until I got to the Nick Eaton Cutoff Trail.

Last time I went to Indian point, I missed the unofficial trail section that drops down to the viewpoint.  This time I noticed there were signs on the tree on the main trail, and it would be hard to miss that. After dropping down to the Indian Point, I took a few shots. Weather was foggy and later I realized there was something called "Inversion Effect" in the area - hanging layer of fog in the valley/ water body etc. I wasn't able to get any views towards east columbia gorge.

After soaking in the views, I decided to make a loop via Nick Eaton Ridge Trail. As the weather got warmer, fog started to thin out. One thing about solo hiking is that I get to just keep going and not have to stop anywhere to wait for someone. After I joined the Herman Creek Trail back again, I ran across many people coming towards me - some prepared and some high-heel hikers (with a water bottle and Jeans, totally unprepared, if something were to happen). On the trailhead, parking lot at at least 50 cars parked! Surprising for a day like that. 

Indian Point

No comments:

Post a Comment